The beginner workout program is designed to build and strengthen the functional base of the body. In bodybuilding, it is very important to start training right, it is the wrong initial training program that can lead to failure, cause health problems and disappoint you in bodybuilding.
General guidelines for beginners
- The initial training program is designed for about 1 year of training, during which time it is progressively modified. Do not get hung up on one scheme, as the body quickly gets used to monotonous activities and the effectiveness of the training decreases.
- When starting classes, do not try to load yourself as much as possible from the first workout, increase the intensity gradually. It is this approach that will allow the body to adapt to stress, strengthen health and develop a mindset for training.
- Control the recovery of the body, do not overwork , do not exercise every day. The optimal frequency is 3-4 times a week, depending on the individual characteristics of the organism.
Read the main article: Optimal Training Frequency
- The duration of the workout should not exceed 1.5 hours, and in some cases 1 hour.
Read the main article: Optimal Workout Duration
- Do not resort to specialized exercises that target individual muscles in the initial stages of training , use mainly basic exercises .
- Concentrate on the correct exercise technique, use light weights. In the future, it is the correct technique that is laid in the beginning that will bring good results. If you initially do the exercises incorrectly, later it will be much more difficult to realize your mistakes, as a certain stereotype is developed. Without paying attention to the technique, you will not be able to fully pump the target muscles, respectively, the stimulus for growth will be much less. Therefore, before the first trip to the gym, carefully study the exercise technique.
- In the first 2-3 months of training, most beginners will benefit from the currently unpopular, but very well-proven programs for the whole body per workout.
- Train your core muscles : abs, back extensors, lower back muscles, hamstrings. These muscles take an active part in all basic exercises and it is on their strength and endurance that the results in squatting with a barbell, deadlift and army press depend.
- Eat right, but remember that the initial phase of bodybuilding does not involve overeating .
Read the main article: Diet to Gain Muscle Mass
- For the highest quality workout of muscle groups and sufficient rest, use split training .
- Use an electronic training diary , this greatly facilitates the process of building and adjusting a training plan.